Swapping Timeline Asset to Alternative Resource

Hi.

If i have an asset placed in the timeline, is there a way to swap it for an alternative asset in the resources library?

I know that updating the master resource to something else would do this, but this change is global.

The ability to just change one asset on the canvas to another resource appears to be missing.

Thanks.

1 Like

I might not have understood your question completely, but if your asset is an image, you can go to the Element tab and select the image from there (in the section named Background). In case of other assets, you possibly can’t.

Thank you.

Yes that does it (probably should have figured that out myself…!)

I would definitely like to know if this is doable with non image / video assets if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks again.

1 Like

We'd like to be able to have an easier drag at least into this field, as right now you have to re-select from the open dialog. If it is already in the Resources Library it wont duplicate the asset though.

The approach I'd take in these cases is to use a Rectangle element and set its Inner HTML to what you want. Inner HTML is an animatable property. (You can set src of assets to "${resourcesFolderName}/assetname.mp4" so that it gets referenced correctly).

Thanks Jonathan.

Are you able to provide the code snippet to include the OGG & WebM versions also?

I think this would be very useful to me.

Thanks.

David

Sure; you can google documentation on the HTML5 <video> tag but it would look like:

<video>
	<source src="${resourcesFolderName}/videoname.mp4" type="video/mp4">
	<source src="${resourcesFolderName}/videoname.ogv" type="video/ogg">
	<source src="${resourcesFolderName}/videoname.webm" type="video/webm">
</video>