Scrolling Scenes Loading

Not sure if this topic has ever been addressed directly, lots of discussion of scrolling scenes:

If you use scrolling screens, is there a way to defer loading until the scrolling to the new screen begins?

I have a site that will use very different content from scene to scene.

BTW: Having VERY good luck with the tinypng app to reduce image size, hard to believe how they can do it, but I am not complaining, its great!

It will help in the loading process in any case, actually make it very helpful if deferred to scroll loading could be done.

Am I missing something?

Can you clarify what you mean by “deferred to scroll loading?” I’m not exactly sure what ordering you want. Thanks!

The real question is: if I have 5 scenes in a scrolled document, do all 5 have to load at the page beginning, or can I load them individually as I scroll to them individually. With tinypng, the decrease in image file sizes makes it look practical to do it.

Should have said it that way at the beginning LOL

Lazy Loading:rocket:

“Lazy Loading:rocket:” ?

lazy loading … i guess this is what you mean :slight_smile:

yes, you could say that, although I have not tested the file yet, still building it. But I really want to be able to use the idea of one document that can be scrolled through 5 scenes.

Seems like it will be a huge document, and MIGHT be unaccepably slow if I had to preload all 5 scenes.

BUT with my success with tinypng compressed images AND IF I could control individual scene loading within that scrolled document allowing me to advantage of the small images, i could get the best of both worlds.

A scrollable document with 5 scenes, each of which would load individually when scrolled, and with acceptable speed, could be a wonderful thing.

The only thing for me to do is finish building it and testing it. all speculation until that point. :slight_smile: