Reflect Working now After 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4! (updated title of this post)

After a year, reflect is still not working for me. “lost connection…” Latest updates, everything—. Before I spend another hour digging thru all my tech-specs to post. Just want to know if I am the only one with this problem?

Reflect on iPad registers that Hype on my Mac is open and ready to receive document. But when I send the document reflect gives the “Connection Error” pop-up warning.

FYI: Other Mac to iOS screen share apps like, DUO and Air Display work fine for me.

I really have tried absolutely everything. Restarts, Firewalls, updates, Add-Hoc Networks, new test accounts, Factory resets on AirPort Routers—(other than buying all new, latest greatest equipment—which ain’t gonna happen, BTW)

OK…Tech Specs:

Macbook Pro:
(15-inch, Late 2008)
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Yosemite 10.10.3

Hype 3 - 3.0.3 (466) Standard Edition

iOS 8.3 iPad

Reflect Version 2

I found turning wifi off and on on my device eventually solved it when I have this problem.

I am wondering if this issue though, is related to the crap discoveryd that replaced mDNSresponder.
Because thats what I have to do on my laptop when I bring it up from sleep, which is possibly similar to whats happening with an iDevice.
discoveryd was release in Yosemite about a year ago and is in iOS also.

Yeah, sorry…Didn’t mention it but I have turned WiFi on and off in every conceivable sequence possible…which by the way 72.3 distinct sequences.

The same for me. Works well till it doesn’t, and only turning wifi off and on again allows it to work again for one or two tests only.

I think iOS 9 and El Capitan may fix it, since AFAIK they are going back to using mDNSresponder

UPDATE: REFLECT WORKING AGAIN!

Updated to Yosemite 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4 and Reflect is working as expected now! Incidentally, iOS 6.1.6 on an older iPod Touch also is working correctly again. :smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it – we expected that the updates to networking in the OS will improve connections.