Reflect Working now After 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4! (updated title of this post)

After a year, reflect is still not working for me. “lost connection…” Latest updates, everything—. Before I spend another hour digging thru all my tech-specs to post. Just want to know if I am the only one with this problem?

Reflect on iPad registers that Hype on my Mac is open and ready to receive document. But when I send the document reflect gives the “Connection Error” pop-up warning.

FYI: Other Mac to iOS screen share apps like, DUO and Air Display work fine for me.

I really have tried absolutely everything. Restarts, Firewalls, updates, Add-Hoc Networks, new test accounts, Factory resets on AirPort Routers—(other than buying all new, latest greatest equipment—which ain’t gonna happen, BTW)

OK…Tech Specs:

Macbook Pro:
(15-inch, Late 2008)
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Yosemite 10.10.3

Hype 3 - 3.0.3 (466) Standard Edition

iOS 8.3 iPad

Reflect Version 2

(Mark Hunte) #2

I found turning wifi off and on on my device eventually solved it when I have this problem.

I am wondering if this issue though, is related to the crap discoveryd that replaced mDNSresponder.
Because thats what I have to do on my laptop when I bring it up from sleep, which is possibly similar to whats happening with an iDevice.
discoveryd was release in Yosemite about a year ago and is in iOS also.

Yeah, sorry…Didn’t mention it but I have turned WiFi on and off in every conceivable sequence possible…which by the way 72.3 distinct sequences.

(kerguelen) #4

The same for me. Works well till it doesn’t, and only turning wifi off and on again allows it to work again for one or two tests only.

(Mark Hunte) #5

I think iOS 9 and El Capitan may fix it, since AFAIK they are going back to using mDNSresponder

UPDATE: REFLECT WORKING AGAIN!

Updated to Yosemite 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4 and Reflect is working as expected now! Incidentally, iOS 6.1.6 on an older iPod Touch also is working correctly again. :smile:

Glad to hear it – we expected that the updates to networking in the OS will improve connections.