Record Button Not Working

When I click the red record button it blinks and then stays on but no recording takes place.

Works great for me… try this
Put a rectangle on stage

Press the record button

Move the play head up 30 frames

move the rectangle to another place and you should see a confirmation line showing you the record button is working

1 Like

Steve: thanks for trying to help out. I tried what you recommended and still can’t get it to work. Here’s a brief video showing what I did:

http://www.screencast.com/t/RJn2QO0oP

It seems if you didn’t hit that record button twice… then there is a problem… I’m sure someone could look at this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you happen to have any USB peripherals (such as a Toshiba SSD DTD210 hard drive) attached and/or running OS X 10.8-10.10 (and not the latest 10.11?). We have gotten a few reports in the past of this drive interfering with the record/play buttons in the manner you show, but it appears to be fixed when the drive is not connected and one report said upgrading to OS X 10.11 El Capitan fixed the issue.

1 Like

I did have a USB microphone connected to my laptop. I disconnected it and then restarted the computer. No luck. The record button still just flashes and doesn’t do anything. I’m running OSX 10.10.5

@mbritt
In addition to Jonathan’s comments. Can you share some more information? Do you have any other programs open? Does this happen with all new documents? What system are you running?

Do you have Pro or … um … not Pro (normal, Hype :slight_smile: I’m guessing that’s what we’ll call it)

More information could help with diagnosing the issue.

1 Like

I have a few other programs open: Chrome, Mail, Word, Pathfinder, Tweetbot and Messages. It happens with all new and older documents. This is the non-pro version of Hype.

I have this same problem… was there ever any solution to it? I have reinstalled hype already.

Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? We have not heard of new reports since the 3.5.1 update apart from yours.

I did

Ok, I updated my OS to the latest version and that fixed the problem. For a few days. And then today the same thing is happening. Record button and play button won’t stay pressed, just flashes. Basically I am unable to use hype in any way.

It would be awesome if there was a solution to this.

Open the application "Font Book"
Select File > restore standard fonts
Restart your computer.

If that doesn’t work can you submit a bug report?