Pro Features Request

(Jesse) #1

Hi Guys, I love Hype but I wanted to share some things that I think would be super useful.

First, the ability to easily export the project into a standalone app that can play independently of a web browser would be amazing.

Second, being able to designate a couple of buttons as a global back and forward buttons that tracks scenes loads at the very least would be tremendously helpful. I am talking about something that works natively without using a 3rd party, internet based solutions like Google Analytics or GoStats. Scenes and other actions could have a option to opt into/out-of global tracking.

Lastly, it would be really cool if you you could select more than one scene in the browser and modify similar options all at once. For example I would like to select all my 57 scenes and modify the swipe states all at once.

Thanks for Reading.

(๐•„๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•–๐• ๐”พ๐•’๐•ฃ๐• ๐•—๐•’๐•๐• ) #2

Iโ€™ve mentioned that too. Hype really should export to App. Right now, it exports to an OS X Widget. While I am surprised at how easily I can make OS X Widgets, theyโ€™re falling out of fashion. Itโ€™s really just a feature for iBooks Author.

If itโ€™s not Internet based, how would the tracking data be sent back? Why not use Piwik?

I think the bigger way to phase this is some sort of easy way to communicate with a server. That way, all sorts of data could be sentโ€ฆ like High Scores for online games. I think thatโ€™s a bit out of the scope of Hype though.

(Jesse) #3

Hey Michael,

The Back/forward buttons I am requesting doesnโ€™t need to be tied to any fancy analytics. Just simple inter-scene tracking so there can be an easy way to do forward and back buttons that track non-linear navigation through a hype project.

Having a hype native scene tracking behavior for a set of global buttons would be useful for exporting a standalone app too.

I am talking about something more along the line of a global undo/redo button that scenes can opt into. Even like 10 undoโ€™s would be useful in a standalone kiosk setting.

(๐•„๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•–๐• ๐”พ๐•’๐•ฃ๐• ๐•—๐•’๐•๐• ) #4

Well, I cover this partially in my book. (Itโ€™s getting close to complete.) Perhaps I should go into more detail. (I suppose I could add another section about it.) Basically, buttons can be dynamic. By using the ID name of the button, such as โ€œForwardโ€ / โ€œBackโ€, and a Persistent Symbol, a navigation menu can be created. (When the back button is pressed, it knows to go back a scene. when the โ€œForwardโ€ button is pressed, it knows to go forward.) I use numbers as scene names, which makes it easy to manage with JavaScript.

I think he means like a โ€œhistoryโ€ back and forward button. So say you have a menu with 5 items pertaining to 5 scenes and you click scene 5 then the back button would take you to the โ€œpreviousโ€ scene (scene 1 in this instance) not the previous scene in the chain. I think thatโ€™s what he means? I may be wrong :smile:

D

(๐•„๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•–๐• ๐”พ๐•’๐•ฃ๐• ๐•—๐•’๐•๐• ) #6

I think thatโ€™s what he might mean too. Although, itโ€™s the same idea. With each forward click, the scene names would be added to an array. The back button would grab the last scene added to the array.

(Jesse) #7

Yes, I just mean a global back and forward like a web browser, but independent of the web browser. Something that can track non-linear navigation.