Please someone help me animate a driving car to stop and then resume

I simply want to drive a car in the middle of the scene, pause, stop for about 4 seconds and then continue driving off the scene. I have been trying to figure out this for 2 years. I am to the end. Please help ASAP…

Ty

Hi Tyrone, @tymax

Take a breath :wink:

Do you have your assets? The pics of the car? Perhaps the hype file can you share? If it’s sensitive you can PM me

Yes Sir… Here it is…

This is an example of some things you can do just using timelines.

(May want to work on your wheel image)

vehicleAnimation-DBear.zip (1.3 MB)

Lol-LMBO about the wheels, will do… However, i am still at a lost as to “How” to do your example/ Hype has had me baffled since I first got it…

How do I PM you?

Click on my pic and then message

Im not slow, and won’t be a pain, lol… but there is no message you-when I click your picture. I wanted let you know if you could do a short 1 minute instructional video on how to stop then start the cars I could send you a paypal payment.

Just PM’d you

There are many different ways one could accomplish this, but the easiest is probably through the use of a secondary timeline that can control resuming the main timeline. This would be done through timeline actions. Here’s more info from our docs on these two concepts:

http://tumult.com/hype/documentation/3.0/#timelines
http://tumult.com/hype/documentation/3.0/#timeline-actions

The basic steps would be:

1. Add a timeline action on your main timeline that is set to pause the Main Timeline
  2. On that timeline action, hit the “+” button to chain another action
  3. This action should be set to Start Timeline… and choose New Timeline…
  4. You’ll be prompted to create a new timeline, afterwards the timeline selector will be switched to this new timeline
  5. Add a new timeline action at 4 seconds (or whenever you’d like to resume playing) and set this to ‘Continue Timeline’ with the Main Timeline selected

I did something similar a while back. I had the wheels running on one timeline that was paused and resumed simultaneously with the motion of the vehicle.

To make the wheels look more realistic, I created a png as a static highlight on the wheel and tire, and locked it to the wheel but without rotation.

Hi,
Check out this youtube video. I did several frames using this technique and it worked great.

Good luck

OK THANKS