One window for all is limiting

1. What do you want to see in Hype?
    I'd like to see the timeline window not to locked in to the main window. I have dozens of assets that I'm juggling and I'm constantly scrolling up and down in the timeline to work with them. I have a second monitor that I'd like pull out the timeline so I can see more of what I'm working with. I guess same could be said for the Inspector windows. I'm constantly clicking on the icons to jump between panels. Can they not be allowed to break out of this 'one window for all' scenario and each have their own panel? Also, why do new docs open up at such a small size? Can we have them open to fill the screen?

2. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    No.

3. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL)
    Every other app (except Microsoft apps).

4. How high of a priority is this for you?

[ ] Nice to Have
[X] Important
[ ] Can't use Hype without it

5 Likes

Thanks for the request!

Our other app, Whisk, adopted Hype's interface system and has a breakaway window and allows saving a default layout, so the plan is to bring that back to Hype.

5 Likes

Default layout, yes please! :slight_smile:

Maybe, an option to inherit the same scene background color, when creating a new scene, from the first scene?

Amazingly I don't think that has ever been asked before but it is a no brainer to add :smiley:!