Mouse over & out

Hello hype community,
i have the following problem: When I move my mouse over a lettering, I want the text to be underlined. If the mouse is no longer over the text, the underlined should disappear. I tried this with two timelines in mouse over and mouse out.

It works when I move the mouse over the text that is underlined, but if I move the mouse away, the text remains underlined.

I've already tried a few things, but can't come up with a solution, shouldn't it be really simple? Do you have an idea?

Are you trying to change the styling of hyperlinks? If so, then you could try adding CSS styling to the HTML head.

<style>
    a {
        text-decoration: none !important;
    }
    a:hover {
        text-decoration: underline !important;
    }
</style>

Here's a good tutorial for styling hyperlinks...

If you're not trying to stylize hyperlinks, then the issue might be a problem with the mouse out event being detected. I generally try to minimize reliance on mouse over events, as many mobile devices simply lack a mouse.

Also, there's an accessibly / usability issue with removing underlining from hyperlinks. There's no visible cue that the link is clickable.

You can do this very easily by adressing two different states in an 'underline' timeline:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-24 um 16.49.10

Look at the example file.

underline.zip (16.6 KB)

Regards, Kalle

2 Likes

Wow, Thank you very much, it Works!

looks like I have to work on my timeline logic!