More than one HypeDocumentLoad on same page

Hi!

i have two hype-infographics on my page. i need for each a callback when its loaded (HypeDocumentLoad). each infographic is a independent module (they don’t know each other). i tried this:

if ('HYPE_eventListeners' in window === false) {
	window.HYPE_eventListeners = [];
}

window.HYPE_eventListeners.push(
	{
		'type': 'HypeDocumentLoad',
		'callback': (function (hypeDocument, element) {
			if (element.id === 'first-infographic_hype_container') {
				hypeDocument.languageObject = this.i18n;
			}
			return false;
		}).bind(this),
	});

second hype document

if ('HYPE_eventListeners' in window === false) {
	window.HYPE_eventListeners = [];
}

window.HYPE_eventListeners.push(
	{
		'type': 'HypeDocumentLoad',
		'callback': (function (hypeDocument, element) {
			if (element.id === 'second-infographic_hype_container') {
			}
			return false;
		}).bind(this),
	});

the problem is, that only the first callback is fired. is it only possible, to have one eventListener of type=‘HypeDocumentLoad’? can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

thanks!
felix

I would probably just add an if… else if conditional.

if (element.id === 'first-infographic_hype_container') {
} else if (element.id === 'second-infographic_hype_container') {
}

I’ve just consolidated your code above.

the problem is, the infographics are isolated components. so the javascript-code is not in the same place… i can’t put the code together.
any other solutions?

You can detect the HypeDocumentLoad for two documents as long as they are both occuring in the same window (frame). Are they in different iframes? How are they isolated?

they are in the same window (no iframes) but in different components. each component has its own js-code. so i need to define two HypeDocumentLoad Callback-Functions in each component. but right now, only the first callback is fired…

(Jonathan Deutsch) #6

Your code looks fine to me; both should be called. Do you mind sending a sample document (the combined export and zips each .hype doc would be useful)? I’d like to take a look and see what is happening.

hi!

sorry for not answering. it works now!
the problem was “return false” in the callback-function. with “return true” it works like expected.

thanks for your help!

(Jonathan Deutsch) #8

Oh, sorry I missed that! Returning false is a way to indicate that it should not load the default first scene (generally because you’ve already loaded another one).