Jump to Top / scroll after Scene Transition

Hi Daniel!

Thank you for ur answer! I think i managed it now! One more thing, i thought i am asking it here, instead of opening a new thread:

I am using JS to navigate between the Scenes. It works, the only reason is that the “next” screen is not stops at the top, it scrolls a bit lower.

is there a possible way to handle this?

Have You tried using the “scrollTop” property?

https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_element_scrolltop.asp

yes, i am using that as the following:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
$(window).bind('mousewheel', function(event) {
if (event.originalEvent.wheelDelta >= 0) {
	var scrolledpx = parseInt($(window).scrollTop());
	if (scrolledpx == 0) { hypeDocument.showPreviousScene(hypeDocument.kSceneTransitionPushTopToBottom, 1.1); }
}
else {
	if (scrolledpx >= 175) { hypeDocument.showNextScene(hypeDocument.kSceneTransitionPushBottomToTop, 1.1); }
}

});
});

when i am scrolling top (to the prev scene) its works like charm. but scrolling to the next screen does not take me to the “beginning” to the next screene, it stops somewhere the middle. why is that happens?

thanks.

I do not know why that result is occurring.
Try adding window.scroll(0,0); (last line below) as a remedial measure.

else {
	if (scrolledpx >= 175) { hypeDocument.showNextScene(hypeDocument.kSceneTransitionPushBottomToTop, 1.1);
	window.scroll(0,0);
	}
1 Like

Hype retains the state of scroll between scenes as it's attached to the window (scenes are only elements in the DOM) The way... as you have pointed out is to "reset" the scroll after every scene transition. You could do that in the way you've done or also on a scene load basis.

Hello! How? How make it on a scene load basis? I try few hours, read manuals, read forum. I dont understand how to jump on top of scene. Help please!

To scroll to the top, run this function 'On Prepare for Display' for the scene:

window.scrollTo(0,1);

Demo here: Scene loading in the "middle" of the page - #6 by MaxZieb

1 Like

Thank you Daniel!!!!!!!!