Feature Request: Zoom in/out using pinch in/out

I love your program and I was thinking of a very nice feature that could make working in hype a little more efficient in relation to zoom and is to have a flexible zoom that can be modified with pinching in and out in the trackpad of my Macbook or a digital tablet as I constantly work when i’m illustrating in my iMac. The perfect example of a program with this feature is Affinity Designer so you can understand better what i’m talking about. I think this feature could be amazing as I constantly change zoom while working in hype and think is not so efficient to do so as it is now. Thanks for doing a so amazing program.

11 Likes

Thanks for the request!

2 Likes

I second this request! I’m constantly pinching my trackpad expecting to zoom as in other programs.

1 Like

Hype is awesome…a life saver. But this is a source of continuous annoyance for me. Pinch-to-zoom has become a hygiene factor. A zoom menu with presets is going to rub anyone with a trackpad the wrong way nowadays. (I’m one of them.)

2 Likes

May I add a thousand votes? And also add the “Alt scroll” alternative.
Thank you.

+1 one from me too…

I would LOVE this, too!

Yes, this would be a great enhancement.

1 Like

No matter how much I use Hype, I still find myself trying to pinch in/out - what’s wrong with me?

Me too, +1

Me too! Alt-scroll. Please! :pray:

I’ve been doing this ever since Hype 1.0 came out and it’s still not available. Accessibility zoom is just not the same thing. I need a fluid pinch in/out zoom that’s been available in most image editing applications forever. I also keep pressing the space bar to use the hand tool. Dang muscle memory is always impeding on my creativity…lol.

1 Like

I like the idea although recently in another software it was an annoyance, zooming when not wanted.

1 Like

This would be great to use with sidecar. +1

1 Like

Note that you can use the spacebar to activate the hand tool in Hype. Command and Option will zoom in/out.

Because space also is used to play animations, the hand cursor doesn't reveal itself immediately but that doesn't affect when you can start a pan.

Zoom in via trackpad, please :slight_smile:

2 Likes