Exporting HYPE project with Videos for Ipad

(Camilo) #1

Hi,

In the past I used iBooks widget exporter to iBooks Author app to view my Hype Presentation in my Ipad. Now I have updated few things but also change the video that I used to have in the presentation. Now I have an error showing in iBooks Author saying “The HTML5 widget wasnt added because it contains a media file that isn’t in a supported format”

Well, this is very strange because after having this error, I used the old video that I used in my old widget and now it is telling the same. not sure what to do and I must have those videos in my presentation.

I will really appreciate if someone help me or tell me another way to have Hype presentation with videos into the Ipad.

Thanks

Camilo

(𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕠) #2

Videos don’t have to be in Hype. They can be imported directly into iBooks Author.

Is the video mp4? That’s the video format I use for web, which is similar to ePub.

Can you try encoding it as an .mp4 with Miro Video Encoder? https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33832/miro-video-converter

Here’s is apple’s support guide:

(Camilo) #4

Thank you

(Marko Markolovic) #5

I am having the same problem and I have downloaded the video converter and I am still having this problem. Any fixes?

(Jonathan Deutsch) #6

A common cause of the problem is that if your file names have spaces (and possibly other non-alphanumeric characters) in them, iBooks Author for some reason will present this error even the format is fine.