Exported Source Code

Hi,

Is there any way to share readable code with others, or do they also need a copy of Hype? I fear I may already know the answer to this. I know the generated code is minified and know why it is, and it makes sense. But, if any one could tell me what I need to do to get this I would be eternally grateful.

Also, if anyone could point me to where Hype stores my custom JavaScript functions I’d appreciate it. I’ve looked inside the package contents of one the Hype documents I created, but with no luck.

Thanks,
Eric

Hype’s exports aren’t human readable code (mainly JSON and a JavaScript runtime) and isn’t intended to be edited. Edits should be made within the Hype application itself, so other users would need a copy.

Hype stores JavaScript functions in the data.plist file within the .hype document. Upon export, these are placed in the *_hype_generated_script.js file as a string.

Sorry for the delayed response, but thank you very much. I don’t know why I didn’t think to look a little further in the data.plist file, but that works. I am working on a project with another person and both of us are using Hype. Suffice to say it’s a lot easier comparing two data.plist files than multiple separate javascript files!

Glad that helped! Note we don’t officially support hacking the internal files of the .hype document or even the exported .js files :slight_smile:.