Dropdown menu in hype

Hello. I was able to create a dropdown menu in hype. now when the user clicks on my button, the menu drops down. What I would like to to is have the menu do the reverse (go up) when the user presses again on it. How do I do that?

You can see it in http://www.fusioncd.ca/virkon/Washing.html

Iwould like to have the menu dropdown (open) when the user tap or click the pink box at the right corner and go up (reverse action) when the user taps again on the box

Have a transparent object cover the button when the menu is showing and attach your action to the transparent object, making sure that it also animates the object off the stage.

Dont quite understand what you mean. The menu is a symbol on every scene.

Create a duplicate of the button and set its visibiity and interaction off, then in the timeline for the drop down opening, make it visible. Set on mouse click for this duplicate button to continue timeline in reverse.

Hope this solves your problem.

You may also, if you haven’t done so yet, give that big square button a second look as my mouse sometimes misses a ‘mouse over’ hotspot. :sweat_smile:

Thats the arrow image. If you go on the Actions tab and select ‘Ignore all pointer events’, it should fix that problem. Or group the button and the arrow and set the mouse over onto the group.

Can you show me how to do that? I tried putting a button on, and have it appeared at one second and have the action set to reverse but it doesn’t work

If you upload your hype document I’ll happily do it for you!

Here it is.Dropdown.hype.zip (2.7 MB)

This should work now :slight_smile:

Dropdown.hype.zip (2.7 MB)

2 Likes

It does. Thanks a lot Pappa!

Hello Pappa. I¹ve uploaded it

Glad I could help :slight_smile: