Drag object within a group problem

does anybody has a solution for dragging an object within a group to prevent moving faster than the mousecursor?
i use flexible layout and set a rectangle within a group. if i move this rectangle, it moves faster than my mousecursor.
this happens only within a group, setting the group to be scaled.
dragInGroup.hype.zip (11,2 KB)

If you set the ‘On Drag’ Action to the group and remove the ‘On Drag’ Action on the rectangle it works, but that may not be what you want.

unfortunately not. it indeed works correct, if the rectangle is outside the group, but failed inside. :confused: :fearful:

Defiantly something to do with the scaling on… affecting drag element in groups.

If you turn off for example the horizontal flexible scale <—> on the group, you will see dragging horizontal is normalised.

So this may be an un foreseen bug in the flexible scaling…

1 Like

indeed. i remember this also in hype 2.

Do you know if it was reported…

i wrote to tumult today. in hype 2 i corrected this situation by using jquery, but this isn´t working anymore since 3.5

1 Like

Can you post the jQuery you were using…

DragPositionCenter.hype.zip (2,4 MB)

same here as soon as you group the objects …

Lol. I remember that Project…

@strmiska

I turned off “Drag > Action > Control Element Position” on “Rechteck” and applied the same to “Gruppe” - it works correctly in the simple example You supplied. No changes made to scaling settings.

If I put this “Gruppe” inside another “Gruppe1” that has other elements, it still works. The rectangle drags correctly; other elements in “Gruppe1” are not affected.

Please see “dragInGroup_v2.hype.zip”

dragInGroup_v2.hype.zip (14.4 KB)

But then you do not get the enlarged rectangle that he seems to want.

Yours and his

@strmiska @MarkHunte

Possibly I am still not understanding things - here’s another version with scaling applied to “Gruppe1”.

dragInGroup_v2a.hype.zip (14.5 KB)

That really odd,

Now when I remove the outer group, Your version still works correctly.

But I cannot recreate it in a new Project.!!!

Oh found it.

@JimScott, you put the drag on the group not the element. Which was suggested earlier but not what was needed.

So the problem still exists. :disappointed:

@MarkHunte

Hmmm… I am clearly interpreting things differently as I look at the OP’s request.

does anybody has a solution for dragging an object within a group to prevent moving faster than the mouse cursor?

My version does this - the dragged object is in a group and syncs with the mouse movement.

i use flexible layout and set a rectangle within a group. if i move this rectangle, it moves faster than my mouse cursor.
this happens only within a group, setting the group to be scaled.

By putting the original group in another group it satisfies the flexible layout request as well as the drag element syncing with mouse. I am not interpreting a nested group as being proscribed in the OP’s request - the net effect matches his request. No other restrictions are spec’d.

Maybe @strmiska will chime in here at some point in the upcoming week and offer his thoughts.

I get what you are saying

But

And

Actually re reading strmiska reply,
It may be that @strmiska did understand what Greg was pointing out?

1 Like

ok - here i am again.
@JimScott - your version is correct, it fits to every screen. but my problem is different.
i created a simple puzzle game. therefore i have to drag and drop objects to a grid.
a grid wasn´t zoomable till hype 3.5 new API - groups and their objects inside can be zoomed.
this is a great feature to fit whole games to every screen, including their functionality, by creating a persistant symbol.
so now i can zoom the game, but unfortunately i get this strange movement.
on big screens the object moves faster than the mousecursor, on iphone slower.
as @MarkHunte mentioned before, this must be a bug in hypes otherwise great software.
here´s the grid version.
dragInGroupGrid.hype.zip (16,1 KB)