Apply Vector Stroke with a Gradient and Animate

1. What do you want to see in Hype?

Add and Animate Gradient to Stroke or Border to achieve similar effects see below

1. Have you found a workaround for this problem?

There are none other tweaking it on the code side of hypes SVG properties

1. How high of a priority is this for you?

I feel like it could be added given the fact there is support.

[ √ ] Nice to Have

1 Like

That would first require a multi step gradient editor UI.

Additionally that editor would then need to allow applying the stroke to a vector objects stroke with the tweak you linked.

Use Final Cut Pro for video editor

Correct! You know me, I was on board with the multi-step gradient UI way back when we had conversation exchange with I believe having something along the lines of keynote having it but not Hype? That said, I'd be fine with the current two-step gradient UI. It would be cool if Hype 4.5 introduces this and maybe 5 can open up multi-gradient support? If you think about it, when Hype 4 was released the updates that followed were bug fixes, stability updates - not knocking the development side of things, I'm just optimistic about what could be in store for Hype 4.5?

True, However If I'm in Hype why would I need to go to another application? Furthermore, Im use to Hype and it offers pretty much everything as Motion or FCPX offers with a few exceptions. For things like 3D and generators I'd go to Motion.

In the meantime:
GradientStroke.hype.zip (27,1 KB)

Based on:

3 Likes

Cool, I'm guessing animating this from one to another gradient hex is out of the question.

(I don't want to interfere with workaround discussion - but this is definitely seen and thanks for the request!)

Please don’t hold back! :+1:

2 Likes