TL;DR — Many of you asked for it, so it's on the way. A digital version of A Book About Hype is in development.
Widgets is still the flagship app for Photics, but what if not? In the near 23 year history of Photics, the most successful project was The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook. It was an app book on the Mac App Store. Historically, the books do the best. Maybe it's the writing style, which makes it easier to understand complex topics.
What changed your mind?
There are four main reasons why...
- A lot of people wanted, and are waiting for, a digital version of the book.
- Apple launched the Small Business Program, making Apple's app stores more competitive.
- Apple actually approved the changes to Revisions — SHOCKING!
- I'm a bit burned out on Widgets. Working on this book should distract me while I recharge.
There was an attempt to convert the book to an ePub, but there were issues. It didn't feel good enough. Instead, I'm thinking it will be very cool to say... A BOOK ABOUT HYPE IS MADE WITH HYPE!
- Convert the book from its printed form to an app.
- Nothing too crazy, this is just a "Spring Cleaning" project.
- Instead of $49.50 for the printed book, the target price is $24.99 for a copy of the app.
- Target release date — May 31, 2021.
NOTE: The plan is to remove the printed version of the book from Lulu on June 30, 2021.