"You don’t have permission to save the file" in folder I'm not trying to save to

I’ve had this issue occur once before, but there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to why it’s happening.

I was exporting as HTML5 to a folder called “folder” earlier without issues. Then, seemingly without a reason, Hype stopped letting me export to this folder.

However, the strangest part of this is that I emptied and deleted the folder called “folder,” emptied my trash, restarted my computer, and Hype still is giving me this error when I try saving in “folder”'s old parent folder. Both exporting and saving in this folder, even with a brand new Hype document, give me this error.

I haven’t changed any permissions or export settings at any point. I know I’m not giving much to go on as far as cause and effect for this happening, but I’m honestly have no idea what started this.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jonathan

Hey Jonathan – sorry you’re hitting this issue. Are you able to save in other folders on your computer?

It would be great to get a bug report from you: Select Help > Report an Issue.

If you select the Folder, and then click command + i, you can bring up the ‘Get Info’ panel, which will show you which user accounts can read and write to that folder. Manually changing might set things straight again.

Running this might set things straight again: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201560
(Make sure you have a backup before running that tool)

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn’t able to export to any folder but my Documents or Desktop folders - trying to save to any folder within those gave me the same error. However, after exporting once to my Desktop, the issue disappeared and I’m now able to export wherever again. Of course it cleared up (after persisting for a day and several reboots) right before I was going to create a bug report!

If this happens again I’ll be sure to create a report and let you know.

Thanks again,
Jonathan

You may have gremlins hidden in your computer. Glad your issue is resolved!

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

Had this issue pop up again, and managed to capture an error report this time.

This recurrence is equally baffling, as I had just restarted my computer before opening Hype, and it said I was trying to save in a folder that I’ve never exported any Hype folders to.

It seems to be working again now, but you should have received an error report from me when it was still occuring.

Thanks,
Jonathan