White Flashes between scenes on Ipad in Ibooks

Hey guys, I’m currently making a motion comic in hype and I am experiencing white flashes between scenes on my export.
It seems kind of random and doesn’t happen each and every time.

Is there any way to fix this?

I just saw this with another post…weird as there was nothing on the scenes that would cause the flash.
Are you by chance using symbols?

Could you share a sample document that flashes? Can you also let me know which iPad you’re testing on?

Sure thing, here is a drop box link:

I’m currently testing on an ipad 4th generation running all the latest updates on software and operating systems.

I’m not quite sure I see the problem, but I do see flashes on Desktop going between scenes with the mp4 videos. This is because the videos take a bit longer for the browser to initialize and begin playing, hence a white flash.

For regular scenes, you might want to try unchecking “Use WebKit graphics acceleration” in the Document Inspector. This can speed up some animation operations, but as it has to move items on/off the graphics card can sometimes cause delays in viewing larger images, which could also be what you are seeing.

Hi there. I have the same problem with Safari Mac in HTML5. Has anybody an idea what produces this flashing between the scenes? Here an example - the scene changes when the fishes are in the net :wink:

#I would appreciate if somebody could help me - I already tried the above suggested.
http://www.mediakreativ.de/dev/fishing/

Kind regards, Christian

I had this happen with video exports that had a this white frame spot just randomly. When playback with hype and html export but not video.

I had this problem as well, but when I changed the scene transition from “instant” to “crossfade” then slid the transition time to the absolute minimum (around .2 seconds) - it took care of the flash.

I'm not seeing any flashing -- do you see this on a specific browser or device? In Chrome and Safari it looks great to me, but the fish to jump slightly once they get into the net. No sign of a white flash though.

1 Like

Flashing usually occurs when images in the scene are too complex for the browser to do a render within a frame draw (16ms) when shown. However your images and scenes are computationally very small and simple, so it surprises me that there would be a flash. Like @daniel I didn’t see any issues (verifying I’m not looking at a crossfade version). Speculation your machine was under a heavy load and/or running at a low battery percentage causing throttling that made it longer to show the next scene fully.