I'm Rick (4)F. van Koert. I like cats, shiny wrappings, Science Fiction (movies), working with 3D, my aging mid 2010 MacPro's and playing games like EVE, Dying light, the Forest, Deus Ex, Fallout etc...
I have been 'playing' with Hype since version 1 but never serious. Since I changed some things on my website, gobbled everything up and moved it into a forum, the things I made with Flash before became a too big security risk, so I recently "picked up" Hype 3.5 and am now seriously working on moving my old Flash stuff over to HTML5.
- What is your industry/profession?
Retired Illustrator who can't stop so I'm semi-retired I guess :).
- Where do you call home?
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- What is your native language?
Dutch with fluent English writing (speaking that's an whole other thing) and I can understand German quite good.
- What have you made with Hype – or what are you planning on using Hype for? (Feel free to post screenshots or links!)
That's a secret. But it's quite a lot of work converting my old flash movies to HTML5.
- Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
Absolute beginner, so I probably need a lot of help.
- What's your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
2D? Photoshop I guess... Stuck with CS5.1 The company behind it sadly went evil. Have been using it since version 1.5 ( floppy disks!! ). But I'm not going to support a tool that gets taken away the moment you stop paying for it.
3D: Cinema 4D.
- What's the first interaction or animation tool you ever used? (Analog OR digital!)
Can't remember the name, it still lives on the PC side but it was an QuickTime VR program that let you create hotspots with links and ambient directional sound in QT movies. It's sadly dead on the Mac side as Apple completely dropped the ball on QT, thank heavens I still have QuickTime Player 7...
- What is your favorite animated film?
To tell you a secret, I'm not that much into animated film but there where a few Blur studio shorts years ago I liked very much like "In the rough" and "Rockfish".