Welcome on board! Please introduce yourself šŸ–

Hi Filippo, I've played the guitar since i was teenager - I just started learning the pedal steel guitar and I love it...

1 Like

oh my Godā€¦ wonderfulā€¦ It must be beautiful to play it. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello.
My name Adam Łukowicz.
Iā€™m from Polish, I live in the city of Wroclaw (European Capital of Culture 2016).
My language is Polish and English. I worked as a typesetter (zecer, Schriftsetzer) in metal.

15 years as a graphic designer in the newspaper, PC and Mac, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, CorelDraw, Illustrator.
10 years I worked in the IT department in a large company.
I work at the company of my beloved - Blue-AB www.blue-ab.pl and his company Studio App www.studioapp.pl - Poland language only.
A friend made me the page blue-ab.pl but wrong. I wanted the animation and started to search.
I became intrigued by HTML5, Adobe Edge tried, but found the Hype!
Itā€™s wonderful!
When searching, I found everything about HTML5 Publishing in Newsstand App Store.
I did ā€œKiosk Blue-ABā€ - advertising and explain how you can make the magazine in the Apple Store and Google Play, Polish portrait, landscape English.
I run an application-kiosk ā€œInvest-Park Infoā€ in the App Store. Itā€™s already 9 issue of the large contribution Hype, Polish portrait, landscape English.

I did not write the application, ā€œAquafadasā€ helped me :).
Cool French company.

My last work in the Hype - Kartka
Thatā€™s what I wanted to Hype? - MorphSVG.

Still a work in IT, I fix PC and Mac in companies, their network, routers and switch.
This is my sideline.

I greet all the geeks Hype!

Sorry for my English.

5 Likes

Hiā€¦ my name is Vina from Singapore. I just downloaded trial of Hype today.
Want to learn how to make interactive website using Hype :smile:

4 Likes

Hello World,

ā€¢ My name is Laurent Schuster
ā€¢ For 15 years, I work for the film industry, as production coordinator and scriptwriter, and also as a freelancer, as multimedia producer and now also as developerā€¦
ā€¢ I am Luxembourgish, born in Belgianā€¦
ā€¢ I speak English, German, Luxembourgish and French, which is my mother thong
ā€¢ A few years ago I made my first website with Hype 1.0, and didnā€™t use it since that time. Now I would like to make my website with it, and I plan to work as a web developer.
ā€¢ I am a beginner in web development, but not in multimedia, and I am passionate by the new technologies of information and communication. I studied French literature, theatre, art and multimedia.
ā€¢ I worked for many years with Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and now with Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, which are amazing new appsā€¦
ā€¢ My first experience with video was with an analogic, non-linear, editing systemā€¦
ā€¢ My favourite animation film is The Travel of Chihiro, and I love all Miyazakiā€™s movies, which are pure film poetryā€¦

Glad to be part of Tumult Hype forums. Happy to meet all of youā€¦

5 Likes

Hi all, my name is Lucas. I live in Los Angeles and really consider myself a multimedia producer, thought Iā€™m a decent javascript programmer, and my current title is ā€œFront End Engineerā€.

I work at a place called TakePart, which is a media company dedicated to telling stories with a social slant. We won the Oscar this year for Best Picture with a film called Spotlight. I had nothing to do with it. :smiley:

My native language is English, and I went to college for English and Creative writing.

Like a lot of people, I started out in the 90ā€™s using HyperCard, and have been chasing that simplicity and power ever since.

My favorite design/animation tool is just HTML/CSS/SVG/JS, Hype is fast becoming indespensible for keyframe generation, but still think it needs some programmer friendly features to DRY it up. :smiley:

Iā€™ve worked in a few different industries, Audio/Video, Gaming, Media and in Startups. I personally like storytelling and anything interactive. I consider myself and advanced media developer and mid level javascript engineer, but a beginner designer/illustrator.

So far in Hype I have built a quiz about how much Palm Oil is in our homes. Itā€™s for a larger campaign we are running about Deforestation which launches on Monday.

6 Likes

Hi guys.

I am Hammer over in Western Australia. I donā€™t know where I am going with Hypeā€¦ but there is something about it!!

I have a background in financial markets. Donā€™t hold that against me. I have always drawn and had a tech focus. I always wanted to get into flash, but didnā€™t have time. I like technology that empowers me to do more as a one man operation. I am exploring educational interactive applications. I am learning javascript and I am spending time with the Affinity Mac suite as well. I have been doing a lot with integrating apis into my own custom apps.

My wife has an app and I support the website. I am interested in integration of animation into rapid data driven apps that can benefit from better visuals.

I am hoping to offer Hype content to local web designers to amp up some of their projects.

I am a keen kitesurfer

I thank you for your newbie patience in advance :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Who are you?
Iā€™m Albert Kinng (albertkinng.com)

What is your industry/profession?
I work with media services and graphic design

Where do you call home?
Florida

What is your native language?
Spanish (but speak English very well too)

What have you made with Hype ā€“ or what are you planning on using Hype for? (Feel free to post screenshots or links!)
This will be the first time with Hype. I made the most difficult decision last week about stop using Adobe products forever (Iā€™ve being using Photoshop and then Creative Suite since 1994) but I will not be part of the CC era. So Iā€™m happy to find very well alternatives like yours on the App Store and other third party Stores as well.

Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
funny question nowā€¦ advance in Adobe Products, beginner in Affinity Design, Affinity Photo and now Tumult Hypeā€¦

Whatā€™s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
it WAS Flashā€¦ now Iā€™m hoping Hype

Whatā€™s the first interaction or animation tool you ever used? (Analog OR digital!)
this is going to be a very old appā€¦ ā€œColor it!ā€ a discontinued app now back in the 90ā€™s

What is your favorite animated film?
Lion King and Avatar

6 Likes

That was a great app, I enjoyed it. Welcome to Hype it's great too!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Troubleshooting document

thanks! I canā€™t believe you used Color it! too! way back in old school days!

2 Likes

Who are you? Alex Steele
What is your industry/profession? PHP/MySql Developer, Database Developer
Where do you call home? USA
What is your native language? English
What have you made with Hype ā€“ or what are you planning on using Hype for? Animations that I have embedded into CMS and E-Commerce Systems online.
Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced? Something between beginner and Novice.
Whatā€™s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)? Anime Studio Pro
Whatā€™s the first interaction or animation tool you ever used? (Analog OR digital!) Took frame by frame shots of images on a Commodore Plus Four screen to simulate animation.
What is your favorite animated film? Its Such A Beautiful Day

6 Likes

Yeah, I got it from the a demo in MacFormat Magazine and loved it.

3 Likes

Hi all .

I am Sam , Student in Hamburg. I am an art director.
Speak English , Persian , Turkish and German.

I am gonna make my portfolio therefore i am using Hype. Maybe You guys can help me to
make the most out of this software and design a good portfolio that reflects me and my works well.

No knowledge in HTML and so on . i only know how to work with Adobe photoshop , indesign, aftereffect and illustrator . i did already make some websites with Joomla.

5 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Winston,
I am currently a running an app and web development business
I am from south east london
I speak english and I am picking up a bit of other european languages
I havenā€™t made anything with Hype unfortunately yet but I have bought Professional
Complete Noob
I havenā€™t used anything else yet
Never used anything else
Favourite Animated Filmā€¦ Batman Under the Red Hood

4 Likes

Who are you?
Hi there! Iā€™m Casey and Iā€™ve studied Film Animation at School of Visual Arts in NYC.

I jump between video, web, and interactive design at my job and help my jobā€™s designers learn new technologies such as Hype. Iā€™ve also released a couple games under my indie company ProRattaFactor.

So far Iā€™ve worked on the following within Hype: interactive magazine, animated infographic, vertical and horizontal 65" kiosk touch screens for trade show events, and small interactive experiences that have been included within articles.

Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
Iā€™d say that Iā€™m knowledgable about how to think through design interaction within Hype. Iā€™ve also been programming websites since Adobe PageMill 2 was released, so I have decent html/css chops.

Whatā€™s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
Most days Iā€™m using Apple Motion and After Effects. Also, Spriter is a super cool character animation tool that I enjoy.

Whatā€™s the first interaction or animation tool you ever used? (Analog OR digital!)
Macromedia Director 5

What is your favorite animated film?
Hunchback of Notre Dame

6 Likes

Iā€™m Greg, a web developer from Massachusetts. Primarily, I build and maintain WordPress sites for design agencies. I bought Hype to simplify the creation of a simple animated element in a new project. Sadly, it may not end up filling the bill, requiring me to redo it by hand.

4 Likes

I am EmanƔku, I manage a couple of websites made with WordPress and currently I live in Peru with a rather slow internet connection.
I speak German, English and (un poco) Spanish.
A decade or more ago I made eLearning software, e.g. with Flash, PHP, MySQL.
Now I want to do some games with Hype.
I do computer science and programming stuff since 1980 :wink:
And my favorite animated film is Bolt - the dog with super powers :wink:

Thank you!

6 Likes

Iā€™m Rick (4)F. van Koert. I like cats, shiny wrappings, Science Fiction (movies), working with 3D, my aging mid 2010 MacProā€™s and playing games like EVE, Dying light, the Forest, Deus Ex, Fallout etcā€¦

I have been ā€˜playingā€™ with Hype since version 1 but never serious. Since I changed some things on my website, gobbled everything up and moved it into a forum, the things I made with Flash before became a too big security risk, so I recently ā€œpicked upā€ Hype 3.5 and am now seriously working on moving my old Flash stuff over to HTML5.

- What is your industry/profession?
Retired Illustrator who canā€™t stop so Iā€™m semi-retired I guess :).

- Where do you call home?
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

- What is your native language?
Dutch with fluent English writing (speaking thatā€™s an whole other thing) and I can understand German quite good.

- What have you made with Hype ā€“ or what are you planning on using Hype for? (Feel free to post screenshots or links!)
Thatā€™s a secret. :wink: But itā€™s quite a lot of work converting my old flash movies to HTML5.

- Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
Absolute beginner, so I probably need a lot of help.

- Whatā€™s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
2D? Photoshop I guessā€¦ Stuck with CS5.1 The company behind it sadly went evil. Have been using it since version 1.5 ( floppy disks!! :smile: ). But Iā€™m not going to support a tool that gets taken away the moment you stop paying for it. :unamused:

3D: Cinema 4D. :blush:

- Whatā€™s the first interaction or animation tool you ever used? (Analog OR digital!)
Canā€™t remember the name, it still lives on the PC side but it was an QuickTime VR program that let you create hotspots with links and ambient directional sound in QT movies. Itā€™s sadly dead on the Mac side as Apple completely dropped the ball on QT, thank heavens I still have QuickTime Player 7ā€¦

- What is your favorite animated film?
To tell you a secret, Iā€™m not that much into animated film but there where a few Blur studio shorts years ago I liked very much like ā€œIn the roughā€ and ā€œRockfishā€.

o7

5 Likes

Hey all-
Brand new to Hype and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So smooth, easy to use, elegant and thorough. I feel like I know a cool secret now. Super impressed.

My name is Nader Ashway. Iā€™m a creative director and an owner of a small agency in New York City. I also teach on the graduate level at New York University.

Born and raised and lived my whole life in and around New York City.

Native English speaker and also speak conversational Arabic.

Currently using Hype for digital advertising banners - and will likely continue to use it!

While Iā€™m a beginner with Hype, I have had years of experience with Flash. Since its untimely death, I have been searching for the best interface to create H5. I have only limited coding knowledge, so Greensock wasnā€™t really an option. Animate is just like Flash in terms of interface, but the files it output didnā€™t work across all browsers. Google Web Designer seemed like a promising option, especially in the way it output the files, but MAN, is it buggy or what? Plus, thereā€™s NO flexibility for typography (a big deal for me.) So here comes Hype - the perfect blend of easy and smart interface, robust control for typography, images and animation, and snappy output. (Well, except for the file size issues, but Iā€™m sure theyā€™re working on it.)

I think Wall-E might be my favorite animated movie. That, or Yellow Submarine!

4 Likes