Variable to control timeline

Hi guys,
I have a problem more complicated to explain than to see.

I have 2 scenes within 2 new timeline with the same animation: the logo change position in function of the scroll (exit /enter viewport)
Now, I would keep those timelines at the current time when i change the scene, I dont want they restart.

In theory I need a Var that see the current time of the first scene’s timeline and it jumps to the time of the second scene’s timeline… tricky to explain, but simple to view :wink:

I post the project, the button to go to next scene is “PRENOTA” on the left, and then come back with “home”

index.hype.zip (1.2 MB)

Thank you all!!!

hm, you shouldn’t work with different timelines on each scene. put the whole animation in one persistant symbol.

anyhow … here is your approach scrollBanda.hype.zip (1.2 MB)

4 Likes

WOW! Thanks! It’s perfect!!!

Anyway I tried to use the Symbol, I did a research on the forum before to open my topic, but probably I didn’t understand how to use the persistant symbol. I made an other file where I put all the elements of the header (3 logos and white strip) inside the same Persistant Symbol, but in this case I can’t no more control the exit viewport of the logo and starting the animation. Well, as I said probably I did some errors but anyway your solution is GREAT!!!
Thanks again!!!

1 Like

here it goes the other problem :frowning:
I added a 3th scene and boom, broken…

I think I got to understand how to use the persistant Symbol. My question is: in the same persistant Symbol that compose my header there are some element that scroll and other are fixed, how to set this difference? Is it possible? till now I can’t find a solution

thanks

index.hype.zip (1.3 MB)

1 Like

switch off ‘scroll_banda’ to be a relative timeline.
just use continue timeline (reverse or forward, can restart unchecked) NOT starttimeline in your viewportactions

this seemed to do the job for me in your document …

-> be careful to not mix things up …

1 Like

GREAT MAN! yes i did a bad mix of setting…you right!
thanks again!!!