Timeline animation play only once on enter viewport

Hi There,

I have a web page that uses the enter viewport action to start a timeline when the user scrolls down the page. Currently every time I enter the viewport it starts the animation again which makes sense but I would really like it to stop after the first instance. I have looked at a few of the other posts (attached below) with a similar issue but I was unable to make those methods work.

Any hints? Thanks in advance!

You can use ‘Continue timeline’ instead, and since the timeline has finished, theres nothing to continue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I tried continue timeline in the enter viewport action but then the timeline doesn’t play at all - I’m feeling a bit frustrated as I feel i’m missing something!

I got it! Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

You can post an example please (without code JS)? I can’t stop the animation after the first view/load. :frowning:
Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Are you saying you want your animation to not play again when refreshing the page? (But it should play once on first visit?)

Not refresh the page, but when it is visible by scrolling page, without refresh the page. I used viewport. :slight_smile:

You would set your viewport action to ‘continue timeline’ — so your timeline will keep trying to continue but it can’t.

I see what was wrong…
Creating the animation inside a symbol, in the main timeline, under the symbol layer created, was created a “blue line”, almost like represent the animation/time inside the symbol. With this items, the viewport is not working. I delated this “blue line” below the symbol, only in this way, the viewport works well!
Many thanks and sorry, but using hype (purchased on mac app store, standard + pro, black interface) only 1 week. Congratulations to the all team.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Only running a timeline once ever