Tap/Click to Pop Image

I’m new to Hype and enjoying it so far. Seemingly simple task I’m trying to create is thusly:

1. There are 4 plus graphics on the screen.
  2. When a user click a plus, a larger image pops up in it’s place.
  3. When user taps/clicks on the image, it closes.
  4. Each image/plus should act independently of the others.

I tinkered with a lot of ways to do this, but seem to be missing something on it.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Woohoo. I figured it out! It was a fundamental understanding of how timelines interact with each other. I’m now a tiny bit less of a noob than I was a few hours ago. Not really a symbol issue, either.

I’d love to share the hype document, but it has some proprietary info from a client. Best bet will be for me to make a quick sample, if anyone is desiring it.

Added: I should say, however, that I didn’t solve it exactly the way I described it. I ended up doing a 10% opacity on the image which worked for this situation (click to bring to 100%). The issue with the plus and it overlapping the graphics is still something to mess with for sure.

Hi,

Post an example with just the bits you can, showing the problem. We can then possibly advice a way of fixing it…

Got it working with the plus :smile:.

Timelines within the timelines did it. It was a matter of keeping the big image at 0% transparency and the plus at full. On click/tap, I launched another timeline that had the plus fade out and the big image fade up… and timeline to pause at that point. Then, click/tap the big image to continue the timeline and fade the big image off, and the plus back up. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for offering to help! I’m sure I’ll be back with more questions. Loving this software.

1 Like

Jeff, I read your post with interest and would love to see an example of how you solved it. I’ve been trying something similar and tried to use Javascript for this (I’ve failed miserably…). I haven’t even figured it with timelines either.

Sure! I made a quick example. Like any software, there is likely a better (or different) way to achieve the effect, but this is working for my needs. Hope this helps.

ClickPop.hype.zip (118.3 KB)

Jeff, thanks a lot man. I appreciate that. I’m gonna try it out now. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Sounds great. Glad I could help. Have a great day.