Stop bouncing element exponential oscillation sling shot out of scene

Has anyone figured out how to stop or counter when a (Physics) bouncing element gets into exponential oscillation and slingshots out of the viewport.

As shown in this gif movie, The ball gets into an oscillation and the slingshots out of the scene/viewport.

What is common and happens here is when you are using physics like this you build containers that act like solid walls.
But the oscillation makes the element that is in the strives of oscillation slingshots straight through them like they are not there.

This happens as shown above. The left and right walls go all the way up out of the scene. but the top parts are opacity 0.

It would really be good to be able to get a fix on this rather than having to dial down the bounce property which does not always work.

The Physics engine looks at each frame and determines what to do, so if a the ball’s trajectory sends the ball outside of a static boundary, it will keep going. To get the ball to not speed up like this, you could increase air drag. Another thing that might help is if you make additional walls as a sort of series of perimeters around the space. They can have an opacity of 0 as well.

I believe he has boundaries all the way around except the bottom.

I find sometimes I have the same kind of glitch

If I move a static object too fast the dynamic one goes through it. But, this happens randomly.

I think I tried that before and it didn't work.

After all The behaviour is not 100 Percent reliable. So it’s hard to use physics in a Game Environment

in reply to myself :slight_smile:
physics: let’s not forget how easy it is to implement physicsbehaviour. it’s great :slight_smile: so any critics is based upon a high level :slight_smile: