Scene on scene possible?

Hi all,

I’m stuck. Here is what I want to do.
After pushing a button on start scene, i would like to have the small scene (or its contents) in the grey space of the output scene . The small scene should keep on working while on the output scene.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

tia,
John

scene on scene.hype.zip (25.4 KB)

Hi,

It is not really clear what your goal is to me. Are you trying to create a persistent navigation across scenes?.
If so you should look at using symbols.

If not can you explain more of your end goal.

Hi Mark, thank you for looking into it. I have acouple of small scenes in which the buttons have different meanings. They call different parts of an array. So if I push a button on the ‘start’ scene I want the corresponding small scene appear on the output scene. Is this possible with symbols? Or javascript? I’ve tried some with ‘innerhtml’. But I’m not a good enough coder to make it happen I’m afraid.

This example may be doing what you want.

It loads scene one.

When the button is clicked it loads scene one into the iframe.
There is a scene load action to check to see if the loading window is the top window <- source for top window idea.

If it is not the top window then we load scene2 instantly. This will only load scene 2 in the iframe.

It is not perfect and will need a lot of finessing but I think it is what you are talking about.

Since we need to load the foo.html file in the iframe, I have set it up so it can be tested with preview or when exported without you having to change anything.

I do think though that it would be easier to have each scene a separate documents and load those as needed.

You would be able to do it similar to what I have done here by setting the source.

innerIframe.hypetemplate.zip (26.7 KB)

But I may still not fully understand.

If I am completely wrong in my understanding of you goal (suspect I am) then please do look at this thread which is similar to what I was referring to in my original post

Thanks for your answer. It is not exactly what I need. I think I was on the wrong track. Found a solution, not very elegant but it works. I copied the scenes and only the top part of each scene changes. So it is as if I put the small scene on top of the big one. Thanks for your effort.

Mark, it may not be what Djon needed but your example opens a lot of possibilities to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kerguelen, glad to help…

I may put it up as a tips & Tricks.

How do you think you would use it ?

it would simply help me to change complex and various content in a given space of a page. More flexible to me than symbols at a certain point of complexity

1 Like

it work in chrome, but in ios safari it doen't work. ops~

Hi,

Not touched this in a long while but I think @MaxZieb may have expanded on the idea and posted something