Scene in Scene Iframe does not work in Firefox preview

(30.1 KB)I was playing with my Project to load Scene 2 into an iFrame on Scene 1.

All works as expected in Safari and Chrome but does anyone know why when I Preview this Project in Firefox the loading of scene 2 does not display in the widget/iframe.

The DOM shows it is all there and has the right src. But nothing shows in the page.

If I export it out, it works ok in FF ??

innerIframe-1.hypetemplate.zip

really nice one. i’ll keep in mind :smile:
no i don’t know why it doesn’t load in previewing in ff

1 Like

Cool trick Mark, I don’t know why FF doesn’t like it either!

1 Like

Thanks guys, @h_classen , @gasspence

Really odd.

My feeling is that Firefox is disallowing recursive iframes for stability reasons. In the console, I see that there’s an issue with text encoding in the iframe element – never seen that problem in my life.

The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it.

I added this:

<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> to the head of the main Hype document, and now I don’t get an error. But I still don’t see anything. I’m stumped.

Thanks,

I did the same and got the same. It is wired because all works ok if I export it??.

Might be different security restrictions on the web.

Just running the Page from the HD.

Great function, but I have a question to build on it.
I can’t seem to figure out how to construct it in a way that you can load different scenes with the same Iframe as target. Has anyone an idea how to rebuild this code to make that happen?
Thank you!

Hi,

I just came back to this and noticed your question..

The reason I hit this thread again was to see what I had done before in relation to another question.

I just supplied an answer that does what you ask..