Remembering a decision from an earlier slide

Hi, can I please ask is it possible for a user to make a decision on scene one and that decision be remembered for the rest of the project.
What I am trying to do is get the user to select a language flag on slide one and for the rest of the slides only show the object layer that relates to that selection on scene one.
ie. Select French flag on scene one… Show only French language layer on all other slides.
I’ve been to use decisions to alter what can be done on the same slide, but not across other slides.
Hope this makes sense. Any help is much appreciated!

Will this help:

Honestly ... nope! :smiley: :smiley:

Well, I understand what you want to do. But it's this that is confusing.

Perhaps a document to show what you've done?

I would probably use "localStorage" which is a browser based way of storing data per website. It's not robust but will probably be sufficient for this.

When a user clicks on the "language" flag you would run a Javascript function to "store" the choice like:

localStorage.language = "FR"; // french passed in as text from whatever element.

Then on scene (layout) load you could run another function that check against this "stored" result and load whichever scene / layout you want.

if(localStorage.language === "FR"){
    hypeDocument.showSceneNamed("My French Scene"); // or
    hypeDocument.showLayoutNamed("My French Layout");
}

Using localStorage will also help with retaining this every time a user visits your site.

Thanks Rick4F. I had a look through the forums, but think I might have been asking the wrong question! I will have a play with this and see how I do.
Thank you