Play audio in preview for timing (show as a waveform)

movieexport excludes audio. workarounds are recording a screencast or add the audio via a videoeditor ...

Well that's bizarre.

Not entirely. Hype is a web dev application. Hence a video is recorded frame by frame from a WebKit instance and converted into MP3. This approach records a frame when it has been rendered and isn’t doing in memory screen recording being prone to skip frames. One work around discussed in the forum was to store the audio triggers in relation to the current frame being recorded and add them into a mixdown audio once the mp4 has completed, but Tumult usually doesn’t comment on their roadmap so no clou if this feature request is on it.

1 Like

That all may be true (I don't quite follow or understand enough of it to argue) but if a sound plays during the construction of an animation and then that animation is exported to video, the sound should also be exported. This is a very basic expectation to have.

The Garageband workaround shouldn't be necessary, but at least it works as a kludge.

Hard to argue with expectations. They get aroused the moment you add features like a mp4 export. What I was getting at is that Hype is primarily an interactive web building application and not an video editor. True, having audio in mp4 would be nice and there might ways Tumult could pull it off (see above). I am rather happy they added the export at all given that this is an web view we are dealing with. On top, interactions is an whole other can of worms when it comes to linear video exports.

1 Like