New Hype Works Bad

Hey Tumult, it’s very boring with you. now im working 3 hours on a project. i close the project and re open it now. ther is nothign inside now. hey it’s fucking shit this

i can kill someone. i dont now why you bring e new version without making some test. fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

i will bekome back the last version…in all of my projects are now nothing inside

This seems like a very dangerous thread to walk into, but maybe I can help calm down the situation.

Do you see previous versions of your document?

What’s the file size of your document? If it’s blank, it shouldn’t have much size to it. If the size is large, then you might be able to restore your work.

Also, I suspect the guys at Tumult will want to see your Hype project. They take this stuff very seriously.

1 Like

Take a look in your computers System Preferences and check the General Preferences to see if the box for "Ask to keep changes when closing documents" is checked. If it is not, closing documents will not save your changes.

Also if there are things set up in the document but no assets right click on the file and go Browse Package Contents, under Resources you can paste the assets back into it and then re-open the document. This is only if there are motions and code in the document and the things are missing are the assets. Otherwise if this doesn’t help and reverting doesn’t help send the file to tumult , I’m sure they’ll investigate the cause of the bug.

But yeah with every document it’s good practice to do version tracking and not stick to the same file. I know it’s too late now, but it’s good practice for every software, no software is immune to file corruption, I’ve had it in every app in the adobe suite.

Do you have any backups? Do you have Time Machine enabled?

I know if doesn’t help much now, but to help deal with issues in the future (as you never know when something like this will happen, or your computer will die/be stolen) it is a good idea to have a solid backup strategy.

I’d recommend getting a couple of external hard drives, setting one up for time machine, one as a bootable backup (using SuperDuper or similar) and an offsite backup using a service like BackBlaze.

Good luck getting this sorted @mailmer, I appreciate how frustrating it can be when things go wrong.

Also… did you publish the project by any chance? If so, you may be able to recover your Hype document by following these steps.

A lot of the recommendations here are great. Here’s a couple more details that might help you recover your document:

If you click ‘Browse all versions’ you’ll see past saves and you may be able to recover your document that way. Just click ‘Restore’ when you see an older version in that interface

We would of course love to know what happened. Sending a bug report using Help > Report an issue (with any problematic documents and your logs) will be very helpful so we can ensure this type of issue never happens.

If your document can be opened, but images are missing, we may be able to re-link your images with your document if you can send your original images. Sometimes this issue occurs when opening a Hype document before it has fully synced with a file sharing service.