Mouse Down, Mouse Up Actions to a URL

I two timelines. One comes reacts on page load. I want a button that launches another timeline that, once completed, launches to an outside URL.

I can successfully launch the second timeline with a mouse down, but if I ad a Mouse Up to the URL, the second timeline won’t launch.

What to do to make the second timeline play THEN launch to the new page?

Puzzle Pieces.zip (312.6 KB)

I’ve uploaded the Hype files that I’m working on…

It´f functioning here, but you have to use a track path with a mechanical click.
Push will move the action and release will lead you to another URL.
No problem.

Interesting… It’s not working here.
Clicking the button simply launches into the other page.
My “Click Out” timeline doesn’t play when I mouse up, Unless I click, HOLD (to a count of 1-2), then release. No one will do that!

Some how I need the page to launch after my “Click out” animation plays and I don’t have enough experience with Hype to do that.

Nothing like posting a question to a forum, then figuring it out after everyone has seen your lack of knowledge! :smile:

Found that instead of launching from an Action button, launch the to the site in “Timeline Actions” at the end of your animation…

I’m learning. Thank you for your reply Wolla!

2 Likes

@SteveWeaver

Hi Steve!

Nothing like posting a question to a forum, then figuring it out after everyone has seen your lack of knowledge!

Your self-answered question still has value for others to learn from - that's really what the Forum is about in my mind. Thank You for asking the question - I definitely picked up a tip.

1 Like