Loading video from Amazon S3 bucket

I am about to deliver a couple of banner ads to Adform. Coming from an Edge Animate background, I have previously been able to upload heavier files to an Amazon S3 bucket and load them from there.

However, I cannot figure out how to do this in Hype. If I use an HTML widget I get an additional html file in my hyperesources folder, which is not what I want. Ideally I would like to be able to load the S3 content directly from the Javascript-file (“default_hype_generated_script.js”)

I have tried modifying the “default_hype_generated_script.js” to use an absolute path rather than referencing n:“FILENAME”, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Has anybody run into anything similar, and been able to work around it?

1 Like

OK. Sometimes all you need to do to, is post on a forum, and you will figure it out immediately afterwards…

For anyone else stumbling over this topic with the same problem, the solution is to use a rectangle, select Edit->Edit elements inner HTML… Then embed your video like you normally would using HTML5.

Alternatively read this under the topic “Embed an externally-hosted video (not a Hype video element)”.

4 Likes