Images not showing - Screen white out (blank) - RIght Click "Reveal in resource Library"

Hi,

Today, we experienced a situation that the images linked doesn’t show up on the Scenes. The boxes (images box) are still active but there isn’t any images appearing. This results in all images referenced/linked by the Hype document is invisible.

Only elements like text, rectangles, buttons etc that are within the hype file is visible.

When trying to change image or re-link to the resources in the resource folder via the - “Reveal in resource library”, this option is inactive in the pop up menu.

Our whole project is now all blank as images are not showing. Any idea how can we recover this?
If we were to redo and add and every image one by one, it will be difficult.

Your advice or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1, Did you move the original files ( in the Finder) you dropped into the project.
2 , does this happen on preview and exported project.
3, when you open the exported resource folder are the images in there

4 Is the site posted. If so can you provide a link so we can check what the error are.
5, can you post the project so we can see if there is an error in setup etc.
6, You could try a restore the project from a previous exported version but that does depend if the problem existed in that also.

Hi Mark,

The problem was experienced first time today. We manage to redo the relink by manually going to the element and then select image.

Firstly, todays incident initially came up after we had some problem trying to change/set opacity value with javascript.

We had 12 instances of setting opacity on the 12 images. The opacity call was via an image icon. When we added the 13th icon to change opacity on the 13th image, strangely the opacity call via javascript did change it.

After a few access to the editor to edit/remove/re-add this problematic 13th element, i was looking at the scenes on the left side, and as i press(select) the scene, it goes from populated with the images it contain, and suddenly it goes white. Upon checking, it looks like the development environment lost links to all images.

Fortunately all the image entry elements names are same as actual file name.

So far so good, after manually relinking images.
Really cant find any explanation in the behaviour above ( opacity refuse to kick in).

Thanks.

Sorry about this issue you’re seeing @Sulhan
Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? When you do so, please also include your document in the Issue Reporter’s Attachments section, and ensure that the “Send logs, preferences, and system information” checkbox is checked.

If you can also attach any images you used as a zip file that would be very helpful. If you can also share where your image files and .hype file were located on your computer that will be helpful for us to figure out what’s going wrong here.

Hey,

I am fairly new to the programm, only used it for a couple of weeks now, but I’ve had the same problem today. Well actually it happend before a couple of times, but then just with one image, which wasn’t too hard to fix. But today, when I tried to group two images, half of my documents images weren’t showing anymore. The boxes were all still active, as well as all the other things about the images, they were just invisible. I didn’t know how to fix it so I just opened an earlier version of this file…that way at least I don’t have to start from scratch again.

Does anyone of you know why this happens by now, since there is no answer here?
Thank you!

I also had this problem. I reported the issue within Hype. I was hoping that I might be able to figure out a work around for this problem. I hate to bring all of my resources back in (since everything was in the right spot and animated).

Is there a way to just relink my resources without having to bring all of the resources in my timeline again?