Images appear when previewing locally but not on previewing from a server

Noticed something, I received a file from someone who worked on a project which has some logos which are images. When I opened the Hype file and previewed off my browser locally I see everything, but when I exported the file for HTML5 and uploaded to my server I do not see the images ( logos ) there could be so many reasons for this but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thx
RD

Ok after looking thru the file I see that the images that do NOT appear on the server are vectors. Would there be a reason why these vectors appear locally but not remotely?

R

Might be this issue: Fixing broken video, audio, & fonts and configuring your server to correctly serve content under the correct content-type

Can you post a link?

Me too, just last night, but my problem in this case was that I didnt get a preview on either my machine or the server. A different problem most likely but this is still something everybody should be aware of. There was literally no preview anywhere, and no file to revert to. I went back into manual backup which is the only thing I trust anymore, only lost 10 minutes of work, and recopied all items into a new Hype file, problem gone.

(There is no video on this page but I will drop in those additions to htaccess in any case)

This is more of a “best practices” kind of thing that COULD be related…maybe. Daniel replied to me in another thread stating that I should not use iCloud as a parking place for files. Right now, I need to work in two locations, using desktop at home and Macbook at the office for awhile. I have stopped doing that and I am having far less problems. I now use a USB file transfer cable, but even then I am questioning the effect of moving files as much as I do.

(There is no video on this page but I will drop in those additions to htaccess in any case, I did that 2 or 3 years ago, but it, at this time, was no longer there.)

I don’t know if it is related to what you are asking but I also think; try to avoid it if at all possible.

Sorry for the long, possibly unrelated story, but I think it is worth passing on.

1 Like

I use SVG files. I make sure the "Automatically optimize when exporting" option is unchecked. Is it checked for you? Maybe that's the problem.

That is checked so its something else. I wanted to add I’m on a Mac and I have three browsers Firefox, Safari and Chrome and in all three browsers I still don’t see the svg images from the files stored remotely on my web server but I DO SEE the svg file in my local browsers.

I need to get to the bottom of this any help as this is NOT SOLVED.
R

@ralphiedee2016

That is checked so its something else.

Michael says it should be "unchecked" - or perhaps You mistyped.

Ralphie: Please try 'unchecking' the item and re-exporting.

Can you confirm you tried this?

If you can post a link we can help you SOLVE this issue quicker.

I work with Affinity Designer and I had a similar Issue with SVG files that lost font consistency and also some of them didn’t appear in the server.

I just did a quick fix in the SVG export preset adding “Export text as curves” and “Longer text spans” and Hype automatically updated the files and work with the server perfectly.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this tip! I believe this is because SVGs can optionally reference a web font in their internal CSS. Using curves gets you the raw vector data.

1 Like

I discovered another good practice related to SVG files, this is mainly for spanish or other user languages.

I found that any SVG file that got “tilde” in any character of the “filename.svg” don’t appear when you upload the project in a server. So check your SVG files names before use in Hype.

2 Likes

But if you do have to use the vector curves, I have found by testing that the alt tex tags in the identity Inspector show up very well in SEO evaluations.