I need Collision Detection Help

Hey guys I’m having trouble with Collision Detection. I’m new to Hype and coding in general and would appreciate any help!

To start off, the little game I made I have a hand that can be dragged around and I would like for it to go to a scene when the hand touches the security camera light. Also if possible I would like the hand to be moved around with the physics controller instead of it being dragged.

Game.hype.zip (314.2 KB)

The Game.hype file is what I’m working with and I used the hittestXX V2 file as reference

hittestXX v2.hypetemplate.zip (19.7 KB)

Thank you for your help!
Much Regards,
The Littlest of Gideons

1 Like

nice bump! :wink:

This is a very crude implementation. It’s not majorly accurate but it can be improved upon. Collision detection is (can be) quite complex. The rect that houses the hand graphic could probably be improved by reducing/cropping the padding around the graphic.

In order for you to control the hand using Gravity just check the box in the Physics inspector.

http://hype-expert.uk/demos/game/

####Apologies: Forgot the file :wink:
Game-vDBear.zip (266.7 KB)

Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated. I shall begin playing with this post hast, as for the physics. I figured but didn’t know if it would mess with anything.