Hype crashing when dragging an element

Hello forum!
Hype 3.5.4 crashes when I drag object to corner of canvas. Is there way to fix it?
http://take.ms/z861Z

macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? When you do so, please also include your document in the Issue Reporter’s Attachments section, and ensure that the “Send logs, preferences, and system information” checkbox is checked.

Also, what do you have set in your region / language settings? (I’m unable to reproduce this when I selection ‘Russia’ as my region, but I’d be curious to see if there’s anything else I should be doing to closer match your system).

Nevermind! It appears we have logs from you – we’re looking into this issue.

oh, I already fixed my issue :slight_smile: I cleared my system using CleanMyMac, restarted Mac and all are working now! Thanks, Daniel.

Hi! Can you tell me how you fixed that? Experiencing the same issue right now, did that cleaning part, fresh install of Hype and it still occurs. I can still move elements around using the cursor keys but the moment I drag an element to the side of a document with the mouse it crashes.

I’m also having the same problem since I updated to 3.5.4 and I don’t know how to downgrade, when I drag an object Hype crashes. I have MacOSx Sierra in a Mac book Pro and an iMac and the problem happens in both computers. Please help :(…I tried with Uninstalling with Clean My Mac, rebooting and installing again but didn’t work.

Can you let me know the region set in your 'Language and Region' preferences on your Mac?

We’re currently looking into the issue; unfortunately it seems common to some but we have not been able to reproduce it (which is a prerequisite for a fix). If anyone is hitting this I’d appreciate it if you could email support with the following info:

• A full screen video showing opening Hype and reproducing the crash (using QuickTime Player’s 'File > New Screen Recording)
  • Information about if your monitor setup; if you are using multiple monitors or Spaces
  • What color theme for Hype you are using (Light or Professional Dark)
  • If this happens on a saved document, please send that document along
  • Primary language setting for the system

Thank you.

I have “Español” in my Language

and the document were It happens more “easily” is the following when moving an object inside the big group.
Mapa Colombia 2.0.hype.zip (734.3 KB)

I have Hype in dark mode, don’t use other monitors and have my monitor settings by default

Okay, if anyone is still hitting this issue, I’d like 3 new pieces of information (feel free to disregard the previous request). Please email to support@tumult.com instead of posting here so we can keep your data private.

#####1. zip of Hype application
#####2. Where you got the Hype app from (Mac App Store, Direct Download, In-App Updater, from a piracy website)
#####3. A copy of your system profile via:

1. Go to the Apple Menu, choose “About This Mac”
  2. Click the System Report… button and the System Information app will launch
  3. Make sure it is showing the Full information - If the File menu shows “Show More Information” choose that, otherwise you’re good
  4. Choose ‘File > Save’ to save it somewhere (like your desktop), and then zip and attach it.

I’m aware this is affecting a lot of users since it is our number one crasher, and I’d like to get to the bottom of this and fix it asap, so your help is greatly appreciated from me and other users hitting it!

Thank you.

You can actually get it from said website :open_mouth: hmmm .... :slight_smile:

I’ve concluded this issue only occurs with copies of Hype v3.5.4 that have been compromised to run in an unauthorized/pirated manner. I’m posting about it publicly not to throw stones, but because the crash rate is truly staggering and I’m sure many will be in need of a fix. The solution is to delete it and re-download a legitimate copy from our site:

http://tumult.com/hype/download/

Please make use of the fully-functional free trial, or enter in your purchased registration information.

If cost is a concern, we offer Standard and Professional editions at different price points, and offer a variety of discounts including those for education.

This crash wasn’t from any specific protection we put in place, it appears to be a sloppy job on the cracker’s part in patching incorrect code. Please be careful – using pirated copies often can compromise the quality of the application, your data, your system, and potentially even the entire internet. As an indie development shop, we want our software to be used as widely as possible. We not only appreciate support in purchasing a license, we need sales to stay in business :slight_smile:. Bugs like this take time away from developing new features, and that hurts all users. If you previously purchased Hype or intend to do so now, thank you!

3 Likes