How to fit image size with user browser height

Hello,

I would like to retrieve the height of the user browser to fit the first page item with it.

I’ve put an example of what I meant

http://klostermannelectric.com/index.html

Thank you

have a look over here:

Thank you for the fast answer, but i dont mean a fix top menu bar like on both example. If you take the example i’ve send, and you resize the browser window the white left square and the right picture will fit with the heigh of the window so when you scroll down you can se it’s flexible with the user browser windows.
Not sure if I explain it right.

Thank you Hans-Gerd

ah, create a responsive document in width and height. this’ll always fill 100% of the screen. then use the responsive setting for each element to achieve results that react to scaling …

This work great to get something full size for the entire scrolling, but i don’t think I can do what i’m expecting with that function. I want an adaptative item to be full screen when you are on the top of the page but as soon as you scroll down you se that the item was full screen.

example the user have a 632 pixel heigh internet browser window I want my item to be that heigh. but my document will be longer than that. so I can’t use this flexible layout on height. Do you get where I want to go with that?

So how can I get the pixel height of the user browser and how can I force my item to have that height?

thank you

this is actually not supported by hype.
have a closer look to the link i posted the first time.
it’s kind of a hack and does exactly what you want … the klostermann-page is made using this method …

fullscreenStartexample.hype.zip (220.4 KB)

so … i heard the silence :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry for the non reply :stuck_out_tongue: I was busy yesterday and I tried to understand the code to do that, it’s not easy since I’m not a programer.

I have a version incompatibility problem when I tried to open the last document you send me. (i’m on 3.5.1)

well done Hans, nice trick

1 Like

3.5.1 is this a beta version? tried to do an update? … mine is 3.5.2 professionell

No update available on app store and i have Pro… I dont understand :confused:

I restart my computer and it did ask me for the update. It’s a nice sample document Hans, I will take a close look at it in the next days.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,
thanks for this example, it’s very useful to me. I want to make a similar presentation but the “scale behaviour” - Skalierungsverhalte is grayed out. I did the exact setting on my project than yours but I van’t access this option. Do you have an idea what this could happened ?
Thanks if you can help.
best regards

perhaps you’re missing the responsive setup for the scene¿

Yes I think ! But how do I do that ? I did add a scene but it’s still grayed out. In your example there is just one size. I think I miss something… thanks for your help

you may spent a look in the documentation :slight_smile:
https://tumult.com/hype/documentation/

The basics are:

1. You need to enable a Scale Width/Height checkbox in the Scene Size section of the Scene Inspector.
  2. On a given element, you need to turn on the scale sizing in the Flexible Layout section of the Metrics Inspector:

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.41.40 AM

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your help ! I saw on the picture you send that the cross is highlighted in blue, I didn’t see that I could select that. That’s the reason why the scale behaviour was grayded out ! It was the solution !
thanks, problem solved !
have a nice day !

1 Like

A picture is worth a thousand words :slight_smile:.