Firefox not showing correct font

Hi there,

I have tried my site in some different browsers (Safari / Chrome) however in Firefox the font is different to what it is meant to be. I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a way around it?

Thanks Kind Regards

I don't mess with fonts too much. If I need something custom, like a logo, I'd rather use an SVG image than embedding fonts.

So... are you using an embedded font or are you just using web safe fonts?

If you're embedding fonts, or loading them from a third-party, then maybe load up the web inspector to see if they're actually being loaded.

If you're using Web fonts, then maybe see if Firefox supports it. Although, the whole point of the standard web safe fonts is that the browser is supposed to have it.

Can you share a link?

Sorry for the slow reply, hadn’t received an email suggesting there had been replies to this question.

The font I am using is Helvetica Neue Light, which can be selected from the standard Hype font menu. I have checked my preferences in Firefox and have in the Content > Advanced: “Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above” ticked. Not sure why it isn’t working correctly as it works perfect in Chrome and Safari on mobile devices as well.

Thanks for your reply,

Ollie

Hi Ollie

Helvetica Neue Light is not a web safe font so it may render differently within different browsers.

I believe Firefox always has problems with this font :smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that wasn’t going to be the answer, haha. Do you know if it is possible to use Helvetica Neue Light with Firefox? or is it just not worth it?

Thanks

probably not worth it!

There was some talk on using @font-face and possibly using the user’s local font if they have it but to be honest I haven’t looked into that. I’d probably go for a google font or a web safe one :wink:

Thanks for the advice, I will aim for a web safe font.

Thanks Ollie