Embed a Tumult Hype document in a Webview for publishing on the iOS App Store

Hi Nick,

Amazingly cool tutorial! I made an app!! Woohoo, I’m gonna be rich!

OK, well maybe not. However, I’m super happy I got it to work in the simulator. Now I have to deliver the app to my client so they can add it to the app store using their corporate account. How do I hand it over to them? Can I save out a file and send it and they can just add it to the store?
Forgive my ignorance, I’m an old newbie at this.

Thanks
Roger

1 Like

Congratulations!!
And welcome to the new economy!! :wink:

You would want to send them your complete Xcode project so they can assign the proper signing certificates etc.
If you .zip up the folder that Xcode made when you built the project then it should grab everything they will need.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Great. Thanks Nick.

OK, Another question you may be able to help with as its an Xcode one:

I built my app 1024 x 768 for iPad but the top of the app is being covered over by the iPad status bar (with carrier info etc). Is there a way to stop this happening or should I just build my app to 1024 x 748 to give it some space?

Cheers,
Roger

There’s a checkbox ‘Hide status bar’ in the deployment info window.

2 Likes

What René said :slight_smile:

Thanks

Another thank you. However I find that although the app runs in the simulator, but when tested on an attached iPad; Audio within video goes silent. (even if the iPad is unplugged from the mac)
Any suggestions? Note the video is on a separate scene.
Thanks again.

My guess is that it sees each scene as a new HTML file and stops the auto play.

Apple does not allow autoplay on web UI or HTML5
However, this can work…

You just need to add the line in your view controller.m file

self.Webview.mediaPlaybackRequiresUserAction = NO;

1 Like

Thank you:) I will try that, The Video plays, but no sound.

I will dig into this one a bit more.
My thought is that there is something not right with the AVAudio Framework as well.

I just built a very simple one and I can get the audio and video to play on the iPhone no issue besides making sure I had my ringer switch set to ON.
Not sure why your audio would not play on yours.
can you send me your Xcode.proj?

Thanks

It does work on the simulator, but not the ipad.

I put the project onto drop box (too large to send)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azddkum0a342y16/AABfPPMbYe43iqjTBbplMX1wa?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azddkum0a342y16/AABfPPMbYe43iqjTBbplMX1wa?dl=0

Thanks I will take a look tonight and get back with you.
Feel free to connect with me via message as well.

What version iOS do you have on your iPad?
What type of iPad do you have? Ver 1, 2, 3, Pro?

Thanks
Nick

Hi Caria,

Did you manage to find a fix for this? I also can’t seem to see ‘view web’ in object library.

I am currently using X code 8.0

I just want to add my plaudits to this post. You saved me from tearing out what’s left of my hair. Totes brill. Thanks!