Duplicate Scene WITH timeline actions

Could the ability to choose to duplicate scene with or without animations be extended to include an option for keeping the timeline actions too? I’d find this very useful!

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on what use cases you need to duplicate a scene without animations but with timeline actions?

I found this old feature request because I have a similar request.
It would be helpful to have “Duplicate Scene (without animations, but with the state of all elements at a selected time in the timeline(s)”. It sounds a bit difficult, but the use case is: when you build a story, you use scenes and you often would like to start the next scene with the end state of the previous scene. You do not want the same timelines to repeat, but you want to freshly build (starting without animations) based on the (final) outlook of the previous scene.

1 Like

I’m finding I’m having real problems with duplicating scenes, copy/paste (with animations) and making New Layouts… None of these carry across timeline information in the actions unless it’s on main timeline, all of my custom timelines have to be re entered in the Actions menu! Is this a bug or by design?

What version of Hype are you running? Make sure to upgrade to 3.5.2; I believe there was a bug in earlier versions. If you are on that release, would you mind sending me a zip of the .hype document and let me know which scene you are duplicating?

Hi Jonathan,

I’m on version 3.5.2 (530) Professional Edition, but thank god it is a bug because it has been driving me insane for weeks now! It’s not any particular scene it’s every scene I duplicate or new layout or eve cut and paste from one scene to another.

Might it be because I got it from Mac App Store with upgrade to pro via in-app-purchase? I’ll try deleting and reinstalling again

Cheers
Steve
(retyped due to previous post disappearing from thread!)

Hi Jonathan,

I’m on version 3.5.2 (530) Professional Edition, but thank god it is a bug because it has been driving me insane for weeks now! It’s not any particular scene it’s every scene I duplicate or new layout or eve cut and paste from one scene to another.

Might it be because I got it from Mac App Store with upgrade to pro via in-app-purchase? I’ll try deleting and reinstalling again

Cheers
Steve

Just tried reinstalling Hype and made no difference, Timelines in actions don’t duplicate across apart from Main Timeline. Also noticed that some times when reopening a document all my guides on every scene but one are gone and I have to reset them again which is another bug that is becoming quite tedious.

Unfortunately I’m not able to post the site I’m working on as it contains content that cannot appear in the wild yet.

Please can you advise

Cheers
Steve

I mean, there was a known issue, but it was fixed in 3.5.1, so you are not hitting that same one. Would you mind posting a zip of your .hype document so I can take a look? If it is sensitive to share publicly, feel free to email support@tumult.com and we can keep it confidential.

Thanks Jonathan, just emailed it across to you :slight_smile:

Got it thanks! I am able to reproduce the problem and will investigate more tomorrow.

Hey Jonathan, Have you had chance to look into the issues I’m having? I’m reluctant to power ahead with populating my site with more pages (of which there will be dozens) if there is a fix that will save me a lot of time and hassle on the horizon… but I’m also under some degree of time pressure.

Cheers
Steve

Yes, I have a fix for this issue. I have one other item to look at and I’ll send you a build to try in a little bit.