Duplicate Images

Hello Hype!
Hopefully you can suggest a fix or a link to better optimization.

My file is 27 scenes and 400mb.
Some of that is video, most of which has been compressed accordingly. However, going through the scenes I am finding up to 6 or 8 multiples of the same image per scene.

For example - I am using a graphic button called cyan-button.png
I am using this button a total of 10x in the scene, and it shows up 4x in resources.
It also shows up as button-2, button-3 and so on in the actual hype resources file in the directory as well.

Is there a way to replace these multiple files with the original? And why does it show up 4x in this scene, 2x in another scene and 6x in another scene? Why not the full 10x? That tells me I should be able to replace these other instances with the original cyan-button.png file.

Also, is there a way to find out where in the scene these multiple instances are being used? The options in the resource inspector only show file in the finder.

When I use the replace button, it offers me an opportunity to select the original cyan-button.png file, but still lists it as button-1 in inspector resources.

Confused…? Me too…

As always, thanks for your time and expertise.

I’m sorry you’re hitting this issue.

Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? When you do so, please also include your document in the Issue Reporter’s Attachments section, and ensure that the “Send logs, preferences, and system information” checkbox is checked.

Thank you.
I have done so.
-Derek

I’ve got an issue with duplicate files in the resources inspector. I have gone through every element in the animation and there is only one instance. Hype won’t let me delete either the duplicate (incremented filename) or the original.

Do you mind sending a zip of that .hype doc via Daniel's instructions? I can take a look.

Thanks!

I was under the gun and ended up deleting the scene and rebuilding it.