Disable document auto rotate

Hi guys havent picked up hype for a little while, i want to know how to disable auto rotate, basically i have a ball on the screen and the kid moves it around using physics as he move the phone, but i dont want my scene to move from portrait mode to landscape mode and back and forth, i just want the ball to move and my scene (screen) just to stay there no matter how he move the phone or ipad.

Thanks guys

I’m not quite sure since I’ve never worked with ipads and physics. However, I saw the checkbox in the element inspector that enables/disables “control gravity with device tilt”. Perhaps that is something you’re looking for?

Unfortunately it’s not possible to disable auto rotate unless you instruct the user to lock orientation.

There’s a project I’m working on that has a landscape setup. I don’t want it to rotate to portrait mode, but it’s OK if it auto-rotates to upside-down landscape mode.

I thought about using the accelerometer data to rotate the whole canvas. It looked like it was getting close, but then I got tired and frustrated. The project is an app, so I can just lock the app to landscape orientations. The app would be better with 4-way rotation – so I haven’t given up on the idea. But so far, I haven’t quite figured out how to smooth out the transition. It should look like it’s not moving at all.