Can any one tell me how to create linking inside hype working on veeva

Dear All
i created Veeva files by using Hype, but i don’t know how to create a linking inside hype working over Veeva files, can any one help :slight_smile:

I’m not familiar with Veeva (and I suspect many here are not); does it have a JavaScript API that you can call? Any links to documentation would be great, along with elaborating with what you’re trying to do.

inside veeva help they told me that the way to call slide from menu i have to use this code
<a href=“veeva:gotoSlide(example1.zip)”></a>
and that’s what i don’t know where to put in Hype
regards

There’s two options to try:

1. In a “go to URL” action, try just using: veeva:gotoSlide(example1.zip) as the URL and see if that works.
  2. You can edit the Inner HTML (via the Edit > Edit Element’s Inner HTML menu item) of any elements, and so you could manually add this link around a text object.

thank you Jonathan, i think first one is going to work :grinning:
second one “inner HTML” i think it couldn’t do it, i have to call zip file not normal HTML page
thanks

1 Like

Hi Jonathan
i worked over platform like veeva namd cigidem, and in its documentation it write

Link between Sequences
To define a link between sequences, use :
window.parent.navigateToSequence(id)
id : id of the sequence
window.parent.navigateToSequence(‘AGENCY-002’);

Internal Link
An internal link is a link to a document delivered in the zip sequence (for example pdf file).
A function must be developed to go back to the sequence after the document has been displayed.

so could i write the link window.parent.navigateToSequence(‘AGENCY-002’); inside gotoURL, Note please that i have to export every slide as separate HTML and zip it
waiting for your kindly reply

You’ll want to use the “Run JavaScript…” action and use that code within a new function. Go To URL tries to open a URL itself and won’t run that code.

Sorry but I am not aware about functions, so can you advice and write it to me, thanks In advance again

Here’s some introductory documentation on functions: http://tumult.com/hype/documentation/3.0/#javascript, and here’s how you can add a new function:

Thanks Daniel, i created new functions, and i write this code
function gotoslie (hypedocument, element, event){
window.parent.navigateToSequence('slidename');
}
am i right?

Can you share what you have so far?

Typically window.parent will target the layer above the current layer (so this would be run within framed content to control its parent frame), so you may be able to just use:

window.navigateToSequence('AGENCY-002');

Cegedim not veeva , and in their documentation they wrote

Link between Sequences

Note that i have to upload every slide as a separate folder as you see in the previous image

Where did you get this function from? I'm curious what documentation (for veeva) you're using.

If you can share what you intend to do and your files (as a zip file) then I can understand how Veeva works and how Hype might fit into this -- right now I'm not really understanding.

Cegedim not veeva , and in their documentation they wrote

Link between Sequences

Note that i have to upload every slide as a separate folder as you see in the previous image,
if you like i zip the files and sent it you so you can advice, just let me know you mean HTML files or hype files

test_cegedim.zip (420.2 KB)

this is file preparing for Cegedim
else there is the documentation
HTML5PresentationCreation.pdf.zip (861.5 KB)
it is in page 29-32 in the document

else i uploaded the hype file test.zip (19.7 KB)

Hi Jonathon
Kindly review my last uploaded files if you can help,
best regards

From glancing over the documentation and looking at what you made, best I can say is that you’ve done it correctly. If it isn’t working you may want to reach out to the Cegedim folks; without their environment there’s not much we can do… there’s nothing too different about how Hype executes javascript for a function like that than if you were writing the code based on their samples.

Realy thank you very much jonathan, i appreciate your kindly feedback :slight_smile:

Hi

Could you please tell me how did you resolve this, I much appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Actually I just solved this by adding and empty block in the inner html of the button yet I need to found a fix for the swipe gestures, any idea?