Blog Hosting - Not Embedding 3rd Party?

Hello,

I’ve been looking everywhere for info on if Hype can help me create a blog for my website. For SEO purposes hosting a blog directly is better than embedding a 3rd party site, like Blogger or Tumblr. I’m coming from Hype 1.6.2 and am upgrading to Hype Pro. Perhaps the old Hype could do it also? Most likely, I’m just not aware on how to build one. Can the new Hype help me do this? Or are there Hype tutorials on this I simply have not found yet? - Thanks soOOO much!

Hype isn't for building blogs themselves or hosting them; Hype is more targeted at making animated/interactive content that could be included in a blog as a header or posts. For example, if you choose WordPress, we have lots of information on including Hype-produced content in Wordpress:

Thanks so much for your reply! I am familiar with the fact that Hype is not a server.
I was more referring to the functionality of building a blog/journaled format for a web page… like what old iWeb did…So as not to use Wordpress or Blogger at all.
If I am correct in understanding your reply… Hype can’t help me build that format for a page in my website. Right?

Ah yes, iWeb had some features that could help build a “local” blog… unfortunately Hype doesn’t have any of these features. Sandvox is similar to iWeb and to my knowledge has similar features for making blogs.

Perfect! I can combine Hype’s benefits with Sandvox!!! … or now that you’ve pointed me in that direction: RapidWeaver, Flux… ? Any favorites that offer lots of options? I enjoy learning curves and adjust quickly. Thank you so much!!!

I was looking for a way to blog in Hype. Previously I did so in iWeb which still runs on my 2013 MacPro, but I found constantly switching from my Mini M2 to the Pro increasingly inconvenient. Therefore, despite all sorts of objections, I decided to start blogging in my favorite Internet app. It's a bit laborious and everything has to be done manually, but that's just what I like. I also have plenty of time as a retiree. This is my iWeb-like blog in Hype: 76plusblog
Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Ah, ha, nice job :slight_smile:. I'd definitely say there are objections to this usage, but will not knock it if you like this. I enjoyed seeing the apple logo with "gemaakt op een fruitcomputer" at the bottom!

My one suggestion would be to add a link/header/blog title at the top of each entry page so it is easy to go back to the main listing.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint Jonathan.
Done!

1 Like