This is a responsive project with three layouts. What I did was delete the links to the audio files, clear them out of the resource library and then create new links. This time it worked.
There was one odd thing that I found before doing the above — Of the duplicate folders automatically created to contain these audio files (each with ogg, mp3 and wav versions), one had two formats with standard filenames and one with an incremented name, while the other had just the opposite.
With another a second folder was automatically created in which each of the three files had a -1 at the end of the filename.
It is as if Hype was not recognizing that the file paths were identical. All three formats of the source audio files came from only one folder on my drive.
I'll provide a copy tomorrow.