Assist with contact form in Hype

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble creating a contact form inside of hype for my website. It is a very basic form but clearly it’s more challenging setting up then designing one. So I hopped on the forums and found this awesome template (Making forms in Hype (With Example / PHP template)) which helped quite a bit.

I am struggling with the coding side of things, getting the form to do what I need. I might have removed a few lines of code for a field I don’t need. Also my form won’t have status fields for each field, as per the template. There will be one main text field to display the form status.

I’ve included the Hype file with a sample of how I want to form to look in different states. Please if someone have some spare time on their hands I would really appreciate the help. contact-form-test.zip (52.0 KB)

When clicking on the “send note” button, the web developer console shows:

[Log] Error in undefined: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: message (HYPE-584.thin.min.js, line 81)

message is referenced in this line:

vars = "name=" + name + "&email=" + email + "&note=" + message;

However, judging by the code above, you want that to be note instead.

When I make that change, the script does appear to run without errors, though I did not test the PHP.