Animation works in FF, not Safari

Here’s a strange one – I have a small animation that is used for a Google display ad. It previews in Safari when viewed on my desktop. I uploaded to my web server and from there it displays properly in Firefox, but not in Safari. Same thing when previewed in AdWords - shows up in Firefox but not Safari.

200x200Ad.zip (252.3 KB)

Is there a link to the one on the server…

Here is a copy of it, on one of my own servers.

http://mobile.lightbenders.com/_Ads/LB200x200AdWordsAd_Mobile.html

Have an ad blocker enabled in Firefox?

It is likely seeing the word ‘ad’ and looking at the dimensions of your ad, which is a standard (IAB) ad size:

Filename issue? Makes sense. Ad blocker is on in Safari. I haven’t touched anything in Firefox.

Works swimmingly for me in Firefox. Do you see anything in your FF developer console?

No issues with FF, only with Safari.

Whoops, I meant Safari. Have any extensions enabled?

Not really sure why this might be. I tried in Safari 8 on Yosemite (and version 10) and it also looks fine (when my ad blockers are off, of course):

I can confirm no problem for me either…

I’m using 9.1.2 (11601.7.7) on El Capitan. I have AdBlocker on my home machine but this is my work machine — no AB or extensions.

Can you try ctrl + clicking on the area where the Hype document would be and then clicking ‘Inspect Element’ ? I feel like the developer console should be giving you some information or at least an error if nothing is appearing…